We do not only accept orders from insurance companies. Anyone, including a injured party or damage-causing party, may commission the German Association for Data Protection to draw up an insurance report. We accept expert report orders to determine a damage or to estimate a damage amount. Depending on the requirements of our client, we determine the replacement value, the fair value or a residual value using standard value calculation methods.
An insurance report is a private report. Insurance companies generally commission the German Association for Data Protection to determine the time value of damaged or destroyed IT technology . In this case, our expert opinions are preceded by claims regulation.
An independently prepared IT expert report may prove that an insurer is obliged to make a compensation. The insurer and the injured party frequently have different opinions as regards the amount of the damage. An expert opinion from an independent expert who substantiates a damage level can propmpt an insurer to an unbureaucratic compensation. If there is a need to draw up an expert opinion, the compensating insurance company usually bears the costs.
• Record all damaged components
• Optical examination (visible damage)
• Phototechnical documentation of the damage
• Technical inspection of damage components (functional test)
• Evidence of the cause of damage cause and damage itself
• Analysis of repair possibilities and calculation of the costs of the elimination of damage
• Estimation of value, fair value estimation, estimation of residual values
• Determination of the actual damage level
The IT experts of the German Association for Data Protection Association are independent and neutral. We do not conclude long-term contracts with insurance companies and other damage-compensating agencies. We accept only single orders from insurance companies and do not charge them any discounted fees.